Bath Traps
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
David Brown
Labourer
Labourer

Bath Traps

by David Brown » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:04 pm

I am finishing off the plumbing of our bathroom in our loft conversion that the contracted plumber started. He has used a type of bath trap that I have not heard of before and am unable to find any examples via Google. The only way I can describe the 'valve' is that it looks like the outlet on a whoopee cushion. There is no u-bend, but it is mounted within a plastic cylinder horizontally (taking into account the fall of the waste pipe). Does any one have any experience of these? I would like to know if these require more regular maintenance (i.e. clearing) than traditional types of trap. The alternative I am considering is using a bottle trap, having first cut a hole in the subfloor to accomodate it between the joists. Any help/advice greatly appreciated. Cheers, David.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:09 am

Generally, I use one of these as they do not require any damage being done to the floor.

http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=12 ... -Trap-40mm

The "whoopee cushion valve" description puts me in mind of a "Hepvo CV1" which is not a proper trap but just a one way valve designed to prevent sewer gasses escaping. Considering the price between one of those and a normal trap, I wonder why he intended to fit one???? Is there anything odd about the plumbing installation?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:39 am