Bathroom Bonding
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andy71
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bathroom Bonding

by andy71 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:38 am

Hi,
Should the pipes in my bathroom be Earthed if the only electrical items in there are the zone 1 spotlights and pullcord?
Also changing the subject slightly, do all metal pattresses have to be earthed these days?
Regards
Andy

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri May 11, 2007 5:09 pm

current regs say pipes should be bonded to each other in central area, not necessarily in bathroom could be in adjacent airing cupboard say, but if current consuming items such as electric towel rails then they must bond to all pipes in room but as 2008 17th edition regs will not require this don't worry!
All metal fronted fittings must be earthed to circuit earth but if you mean metal back boxes then regs. Never did require them to be bonded ie have 'pig tails' from circuit to box. this urban myth was started by a certain trade organisation misunderstanding reg. 543-02-05 & 07, which say you can use metal conduit for circuit earth, but if you do then an earth wire must go from back box to accessory, sorry to go techy but lots read these posts,
Regards SPARX

tijo george
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Bathroom Bonding

by tijo george » Fri May 11, 2007 5:51 pm

[quote="andy71"]Hi,
Should the pipes in my bathroom be Earthed if the only electrical items in there are the zone 1 spotlights and pullcord?
Also changing the subject slightly, do all metal pattresses have to be earthed these days?
Regards
Andy[/quote]

Can i have a quote for bonding my bathroom taps and all the taps in my house

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:58 am