Bathroom Fan Heater

Postby mark8 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:00 am

I would like to have a bathroom fan heater fitted on the wall in the bathroom. My father, who's a retired electrician said that it is legal to have an isolation switch in the bathroom, near the heater. I was wandering if this is still true, or if he is outdated. Can an isolation switch go inside the bathroom or does it have to go outside. Also, can a junction box go in a bathroom or does this have to go outside.
Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby Perry525 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:58 pm

No! Best forget the whole idea.
Progress to next rank:

Postby oldhenry » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:35 pm

you can have a pull switch for a fan heater in a bathroom, there are fan heaters made for bathroom installations , they are installed on a wall, high up of course, I had one fitted to my last house.
This was fine.
No sockets are allowed of course, or any other dangerous fittings that a person could kill them selves with.
Not a stupid idea at all!
Progress to next rank:

Postby Perry525 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:04 pm

What happens when someone turns on the shower and water makes a direct link between the power supply and the holder?
Progress to next rank:

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:00 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!