Bathroom light problem
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
harlum
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom light problem

by harlum » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:25 pm

Today I am attempting to change the bathroom light ceiling pendant.

After I removed the old one, I forgot to make a note of the wiring and now can not get the light and switch to work.

Coming out of the ceiling I have three Grey cables. Inside two of these Grey cables are black cables that have been joined together.

Inside the other Grey cable is a red cable.

The light fitting has a blue and brown wire coming from connectore blocks down into the the actual fitting.

Any ideas which wire (the two black joined or the red) goes to the blue connector and vice versa.

I have tried and both combinations and when I turn on the power the light is on however when I pull the cord the light stays on and does not go off.

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:30 pm

I'd have expected to see more wires than you have described.

Normally you would find that the 3 reds were all wired together in a separate bunch. 2 of the blacks will be wired together and you will either have another single black or single red. The blue wire of the fitting should be attached to the 2 blacks, the brown wire of the fitting should be attached to the single other wire.

If your not sure, please get a pro in!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:12 pm