bathroom lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steve s
Labourer
Labourer

bathroom lights

by steve s » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:22 pm

hi
i have just changed light fittings in my bathroom.
there are 3 of every wire coming thru my ceiling.1 set is from the mains 1 from the light switch in the bathroom and 1 from the landing light.my old fitting was out of the arc and all wires were connected by colour.when doing this with the new fitting the fuse blew.
i was instructed that the switch neutral had to be connected to the mains live via a seperate block which i did..now however the switch operates the bathroom light but also the landing

any suggestions on how this could be rectified

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 pm

you did not note how the old fitting was connected .
there would have been one black on it's own which is the return switch live from the pull switch and should have been marked as a red........
there is a drawing under 'projects', but as you are almost there, here goes.........
you must have three reds in a block not connected to the light (i hope). you seem to have your blacks mixed up........your information is wrong....
you need to find out which 'black' is from the bathroom switch, mark it with tape etc it goes to the brown/live of the new fittings the other two blacks (neutrals) go to the blue/neutral connection of the fitting

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:16 pm