Bathroom radiator replaced by 1.8m towel ladder

Postby jm5617 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:49 pm

I have recently had a working bathroom radiator replaced with a towel rail. The towel rail does not heat up. Any ideas? the installer told me it might be because the towel rail is too tall. jm30062007
jm5617
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:54 am

I'm assuming the heating system was drained to install the towel rail. So it could just be air in the system, or an airlock. What type of boiler / system is it ?

The towel rail would still get warm, even if only half way up, if the heat was getting to the radiator.

Make sure both valves are open, and vent the radiator (with heating turned off) so that there's no air in the system. If this doesn't work, turn on heating and close all wheelhead valves on other radiators, this will hopefully clear any airlocks.
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!