Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bercik2016
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom Smells Terrible in En-Suite in New Build Property

by Bercik2016 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:22 am

Good morning,

I am really hoping for some helpful guidance. I have just moved into a 'new build' (long story). We have been in two weeks now and the smell developed when we started to utilise the facilities.

In that time, I am certain of the following two things 1, there was a leak from the toilet between the pan and pan connector. I replaced this last night (now I recognise this could have been leaking for up to two years) but the smell is a pungent as ever.

There is also a leak from the shower, which I believe to be a poorly sealed tray as it only dumps water when my 4 year old goes in there and sits in the tray and splashes water everywhere. However, the amount of water dumped on those two occasions was substantial.

Cut a long story shorter, the smell is not something I've smelt before so its hard to place what the smell is, but it isn't pleasant. I have checked all the waste traps and they all contain water, so I don't think the smell is emanating from there. I don't want to have to up the floor, but it sounds like we might have to.

Any ideas on potential causes. The smell is limited to the En-Suite Bathroom and nowhere else, this smell doesn't exist in other toilets and bathrooms.

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Bathroom Smells Terrible in En-Suite in New Build Property

by lets have a look » Wed May 18, 2016 7:42 am

I would consider 2 things without seeing your en suite,maybe there is a automatic air vent on the soilpipe situated in the en suite that is stuck in the open position or a job I visited recently, I found a discarded rubber seal hitched on a bend collecting a small amount of toilet waste but not blocking the pipe altogether

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:24 am