bathroom suite
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wayne 78
Tradesman
Tradesman

bathroom suite

by wayne 78 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:15 pm

hello everyone. im putting a new bathroom suite in and also want to had a shower. i was wondering if it would be ok to fit the pipes for a thermostatic shower of the hot and cold pipes from my bath connections ? im a bit unsure because my freind says, because my cylinder and cold feed tank are in the bathrom (in a cupboard) it wont work right. because the shower head will be at the same hieght as the cold feed tank. but surely he must be wrong. cause i cant see were it will make a difference so i was hoping one of u xperts out there cud please advise me thank you !

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:28 am

Firstly, if you have a low pressure system, ie, one with header tanks in the loft, then you cannot normally use shower feeds from pipework under the bath. Mixer showers need their own supplies to ensure safety and balance of pressures.

Generally, the shower head needs to be approximately half a metre below the bottom of the cold header tank any less and the shower performance will be effected and it possibly won't even work. Remember, water won't run uphill!

One way round this situation is to fit a pump to boost the pressure.

wayne 78
Tradesman
Tradesman

by wayne 78 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:40 pm

thanx plumbob. its iether go with the thermostatic and pump! or stick with the electric one i have geuss. i need to get sum prices lol thanx again great help cheers.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:38 am