Bathroom Ventilation Fan
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alankfc02
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom Ventilation Fan

by alankfc02 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. I moved intomy house about a year ago and in the bathroom the previous owner has installed a fan above the shower. When I pull the cord to turn the shower on the fan kicks in and you can here a noise a bit like a hairdryer. My question is should you feel anything from the vent as when I put my hand under it you dont feel anything and not sure if its actually working. Also there are a couple of area's on my ceiling are starting to get a bit of mould when I think is due to the condincation.

Any help would be great

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:17 pm

Some cheap fans are pretty useless at shifting air especially if the pipe run is long. Efficiency even with good fans will fall over a period of time when they begin to block up with fluff and lint. Hold a piece of newspaper in front and see if it sucked up against the grille.

On another point. Can the extractor be reached whilst in the shower? Either the chord or the fan itself? If so it may be illegal and dangerous if it is mains voltage. Google "bathroom zones" for more info.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1