Bathroom waste pipes problem
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
graffo
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom waste pipes problem

by graffo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:24 pm

I live in a house where the living room and kitchen are upstairs and the bedrooms and bathroom are downstairs. The mains water and waste disposal pipes are in the bathroom. The toilet waste goes through a 90 degree bend pipe into the waste pipe in the floor. There is another pipe in the floor close buy which all the waste from the kitchen upstairs, the bath and toilet sink goes into. These pipes are just sealed into the hole in the floor with sealer. We don't have a waster stack either inside or outside the house. I want to remove this rather bodged up effort and connect the pipe work up correctly. We have a problem with a smell after we have used the shower. The smell is coming from this area and is pretty unpleasent. What's the best way to connect all the pipes up properly?

Thanks for any help

Swain
Labourer
Labourer

Plumbing Problems

by Swain » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:24 am

[size=18][color=darkred]Hello, I have the same problem my waste pipe from the toilet is connected to the waste pipes from the kiten sink, washing machine and bathroom bath and sink. I don't know if true but I have been told this is illegal and that the waste from the toilet is to have its own. I also am having problems with a terrible smell when I use the sink or shower. If you have any infromation as to what I can do please let me know.
Thanks
Claire[/color][/size]

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:30 am

The only way I can think of to fix this is an internal soil pipe.

It’s a big job and will take a few days.

It’s only about a £150’s of materials but the labour will be high on a job like this.

Most of the time we would try and fix an external one if we can.

If your unsure what your doing call someone in.

Has far has connecting your entire kitchen applies to the same soil pipe has your toilet; it depends on how it was done.

All off the drains in a house are connected to one or two braches, which feed into the main sewer.

The smell in your bathroom is coming from a fault on your waste water systems.

It could be one of many things from the pipe work being at the wrong angle to a missing trap or back siphoning.

Or you could just have a dead rat down there.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:22 pm