Bathroom window with no handle
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
whizzi
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom window with no handle

by whizzi » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi when we moved into our house the bathroom window didn't have a handle and someone told us that we wouldn't be able to get a new handle for it ~ we'd have to replace the whole window.

Due to cost we haven't been able to do this but even with an extractor fan in use the bathroom has got really mouldy over the walls and now the ceiling is starting to get quite badly affected. There is also no radiator in the bathroom.

Does anyone have any idea if there are any other options to get the window open please or is it really most likely that the whole thing will have to be replaced? Is it possible to get replacement handles? I've considered trying to open it with a screwdriver but am worried that if I did get it open I wouldn't be able to shut it! Any suggestions really gratefully received.

Thanks

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

handle

by welsh brickie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:09 pm

you can get a handle from any double glazing firm,and you can open the window with a flat headed screwdriver,spray wd40 on the mechinism when you open the window,it will help to stop it seizing up.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 am