Baxi Duo Tec Has a Mind of its Own and Stays on all the Time
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
msgarlic
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi Duo Tec Has a Mind of its Own and Stays on all the Time

by msgarlic » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:54 pm

My new boiler is burning gas when.its not supposed to. I have a wireless stat and have programmed in when i want the heating to go off but it just stays on.especially at night. Ive set the stat to tell the boiler not to kick in.unless it drops to 15 degrees... It never gets this cold and i also leave the stat by the radiator when.i go to bed it can read 30 odd degrees during tje time when the radsshouldnt be.on but it still kicks in. Ive had a new wireless stat but have same problem. Now i have to turn the boiler completly off at night as i cant afford to have the rads on at 2 or 3 am. So am waking up to a very cold house :'( has anyone had same problem.. My plumber is still 'thinking it over '. Im fed up and cold!

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Baxi Duo Tec Has a Mind of its Own and Stays on all the Time

by collectors » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:08 am

No chance there is a frost stat fitted that is set a bit to high?

baz9732
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Baxi Duo Tec Has a Mind of its Own and Stays on all the Time

by baz9732 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi to all newbi here

I no its been i bit of time since this post but does any one no what the problem was as I have the same problem with my boiler.
Just fitted new stat rt500rf and the boiler kicks in it self maintaining temp at about 21 ish its to hot for me and a waste during the day to. any help would be gratefully appreciated iam thinking some sort of setting on the boiler but I can't find it the manual is not telling me anything thanks again

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:56 am