Baxi Duotec Combi 24HE Boiler Loud High Pitched Humming and Whining Noise
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jonbbb
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi Duotec Combi 24HE Boiler Loud High Pitched Humming and Whining Noise

by jonbbb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:37 am

Hello
I have an 8yo old baxi duotec combi 24he boiler.
When the gas central heating is running, it makes a constant loud high pitched humming/whinning noise.
The noise only quietens for about 5 seconds, each time the boiler reignites to heat the radiator water. Before then returning to the same level.

I am in the room above the boiler, the noise is quite loud and its persistence gives me ringing ears.
[see the link to hear the noise, recorded upstairs. the recording does not capture how loud the note is, only its tone ].
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2It1x ... sp=sharing

Further info,
If the central heating is off, but the hot water tap is turned on. The boiler makes the same sound but at a much quieter level.

--
My questions:
1. What is the noise likely to be coming from in the boiler? [or where has similar noise come from in other related boilers]
2. And when I call out the baxi engineer again, to attempt to identify the noise source. What are the likely parts, where they should first start their fault finding?

Thanks
Jon

Johnny77
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Baxi Duotec Combi 24HE Boiler Loud High Pitched Humming and Whining Noise

by Johnny77 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Hi i have seen your post on the noisy baxi boiler.
I have exactly the same issue the boiler is a baxi plantinum and was fine up until recently a high pitched humming droning noise started and wont stop ..Could you please tell me how you resolved the issue what was the fault and what price roughly .
Thanks in advance
John

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1