Baxi solo 3 40 pf boiler falut
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
robsoo
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi solo 3 40 pf boiler falut

by robsoo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Can anyone help me. I have just had the PCB replaced on my boiler. it worked fine for all of one day!!! then started misfiring. I have uploaded 2 30 second clips on to youtube showing whats happening

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FMnU9VaDbsE
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xR-ObnBTGTw[/b]

As you can see when the heating is on, the boiler lights up but then clicks off, tries again then keeps tripping off. Even when i switch the heating off the boiler continues to try to light for about 10 minutes!!

Can anyone help me, my house is freezing as rads are only getting luke warm. Plumber who fitted PCB has advised my it may be my timer but from looking at other related posts i think he's talking sh!te!!!

Please help....oh yeah i am a layman so please try to bear this in mind if you reply

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:20 am

Hi,

Is the boiler making any wierd noises?

Seems PCB to me faulty if not.

robsoo
Labourer
Labourer

by robsoo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:15 am

[quote="Steve the gas"]Hi,

Is the boiler making any wierd noises?

Seems PCB to me faulty if not.[/quote]

not really apart from the clidking of it trying to switch on and then tripping off. this can be heard on youtube vids. thats all the noise it makes though.
PCB is brand new though only fitted a week ago.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:22 pm

When the burner light neaon comes on - does the electrode stop sparking ?

If it continues to spark then the electrode or HT lead is not sensing the flame and therfore will not allow the burner to remain on.

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1