Bay Window With a 2-3 Inch Gap Either Side
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
djandyr
Labourer
Labourer

Bay Window With a 2-3 Inch Gap Either Side

by djandyr » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:17 pm

We have just had a new bay window installed, 3 panels - two casement openers either side. by a FENSA registered company.

As work started on Friday, they are still to complete and have left it over the weekend, they expect another days work to seal and fit trims. But inspecting their work I am worried the bay window has been measured incorrectly. As there is vast amount of expanding foam all around, poked through to reveal a 2-3inch gap, also i assume due to the gap there is no fixings on the hinge side of the casement window. You can push the frame and see some movement on either end.

Further more, the bay window sits on a stud wall, the cill follows the stud head plate leaving the plasterboard sitting proud - not sure how I am meant to make good around the window. Is this common? would they fit some kind of P trim or internal cill, or should the window be positioned further inwards.

Not sure, whether to let them finish, or make a complaint for a replacement?So far, only a 30% deposit has been made.

window3.jpg
window2.jpg
window1.jpg

tileclipproman
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Bay Window With a 2-3 Inch Gap Either Side

by tileclipproman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:16 am

If the gap is the same on the out side the windows are wrong ,send them back.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Bay Window With a 2-3 Inch Gap Either Side

by welsh brickie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:59 pm

looks to me like they have just fitted it with foam, if there are no sign of fixings in the head or the cill then there needs to be some.
As for the sides of the window (add ons) needed to be attached to the frames as they are short in the width, This has not been done and just filled with foam. Add ons are sections of plastic that are clipped to the windows to increase height or width and are normal for fitting to a bay window.
Ask for the bay to be deglazed and checked for fixings.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:31 pm