All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stokedan
Apprentice
Apprentice

becoming a plumber

by stokedan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:07 pm

hi,
can anyone give me any advice on how to get some expirience in the plumbing trade. i am currently at college working towards my city and guilds technical certificate level 2, this is a proper 2 year college course not 1 of those 6 week short course things i am coming up to the end of my first year and confident and compitent enough to start gettin sum hands on expirience but not sure on how to approach a company and what to ask for, any advice will be greatly appriciated thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 pm

It depends on your age really, as you may be able to apply for an apprenticeship. I think they will only start you as an apprentice up to 18 years old. If you're older, then I would post CV's to local companies, if they're not looking to take anyone on. You could offer to work voluntarily for one or two days per week - just for the experience (better that sitting around getting no experience) then if they like you and your work they may offer you a job once qualified.

htg

stokedan
Apprentice
Apprentice

by stokedan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:59 pm

i am 23 and in full time employment, i will send my cv out and offer my services for weekend voluntarily work thanks for the advice

tytherington
Apprentice
Apprentice

plumber

by tytherington » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:42 pm

your location wolud be andy so a olumber would know whatb town yor in to offer you expereience

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 am