Bedroom with no window
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
angietrj
Labourer
Labourer

Bedroom with no window

by angietrj » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:11 pm

I do not have a window or ventilation in my Bedroom. I live in a basement flat in a terrace house of four flats. The flats above me all stop at my Bedroom door. I bought my flat with an extension this is a lounge with a garage below. I have a glazed door into my bedroom from the lounge which is the only form of natural light and ventilation when my lounge patio doors are open. My walls from the lounge are round and very thick so it appears the only way round getting natural light and ventilation in my bedroom is to extend into the lounge slightly and put a window into the extension wall.
The wall looks out over my neighbours car park (another block of flats) so if i put the window in at an angle so it is not facing the neighbours windows do you think i need planning permission?

Any help would be appreciated.

Angela

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi, that sounds like a fair solution, if your not looking directly into your neighbours property may not be an issue anyway, but you could consider using frosted glass, but again i'd suggest that you contact you local council building controls, they are usually very helpful!
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1