Belt and Braces gas tidy up.
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
supershuttle
Labourer
Labourer

Belt and Braces gas tidy up.

by supershuttle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Things have changed a lot since I installed my own central heating and gas fires 30 years ago - I still live in the same house and have survived so I must have done something right (although I guess an army of CORGIs or whatever they are now called will say no "you've been lucky"). Nevertheless, today I have removed one of the aforementioned gas fires and replaced it with a simple electric fire. I am not really happy that I have only cut the gas supply using the restrictor elbow - I think I may need to put a compression fitting to blank off where the feed to the fire was, is that the case? if so what's needed?

Or do I actually need a visit from a competent person? Although, I think I am more than able to complete this very simple job.

Appreciate any views - thanks.

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

by plastic_man77 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 pm

@ supershuttle

Nobody on this site will explain to you how to complete illegal gas work, whether it's in your own home or not.

In answer to your question, yes, you do need a visit from a GasSafe Register engineer, because currently, you have disconnected your gas fire leaving the restrictor elbow in an unsafe manner.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:37 pm