Best location for digital aeriel amp
Find answers to popular questions or post your own regarding any aspect of home entertainment

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

Best location for digital aeriel amp

by armytouch » Sat May 31, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi i have just got a aeriel, a 4 way amp to feed to 3 rooms,where would be the best place to have the amp. I would like the tvs in front room,kitchen and bedroom, dont think will be happy with it in roof space because of disturbing tiles/felt. Please any suggestions,i take it there not waterproof so have to be sited indoors.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat May 31, 2008 11:27 pm

The amp should be as near to the aerial as possible to prevent signal degradation. Normally this means fitting in the loft space. This will also allow the easiest cable feed to each tv.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Depends on the amp used. The Loft Box uses special wall plates and combines and separates signals allowing Sky, cable, FM, DAB etc all to be re-transmitted throughout the house. In general the closer to aerial the amp is placed the better mast head amps are best normally come in two parts and power supply which injects DC into the coax to feed the amp on the mast. There is so much to consider for example rejection of unwanted signals from taxi, police etc. There is no substitute for a good narrow band aerial where they can be used but freeview often is slotted in and needs a wide band aerial which are much bigger than the narrow band and catch the wind more. So much changes area to area. Winter Hill users for example can use narrow band but Moel-y-parc needs wide band.

All best Eric

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:53 pm