Best Method to Fix Door Frame to Side of House

Postby Codhod57 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:13 am

Hi,any advice i have just fenced the side garden of my house and i am wanting To know what is the strongest way i can fix a door frame to the side of house which has had tExternal wall insulation: – 100mm thick weather proof decorative treatment . applied so i can fix a back gate so i can fix the door frame,what bolts can i use, i have used 150mm coach bolts going through the frame into wall but it not holding tight.
Codhod57
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby TheDoctor4 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi

Instead of fixing to the side of the property, is it possible to fix to the ground? Could you fix a fence post to the ground either using a bolt down bracket or even sinking the post down into the ground for a couple of feet and possibly concreting in as this will give you a sturdy and solid point to build a frame off of?

Kind Regards
TheDoctor4

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!