best type of flooring - vinyl, tiles, laminate, wood or cork
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sally125
Labourer
Labourer

best type of flooring - vinyl, tiles, laminate, wood or cork

by sally125 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm having my bungalow renovated and I need to find a suitable flooring. i have worked out I've got a budget of roughly £25 m2. Its a 1980s building with cement flooring. I want an open planned look so would like the same floor all over I'm therefore looking for something that will work just as well in the kitchen as the living room. I don't have a hallway and I've got a dog. So I'm looking for something that can cope with a bit of water, is easy to clean, hard wearing and can come in on budget.
I have central heating and I'm going to install a gas fire in the living room so I don't think I want underfloor heating.

At the moment I'm going round in circles - can anyone recommend what type of flooring I should be looking at?

Thanks

floorlayergrant
Apprentice
Apprentice

by floorlayergrant » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:46 pm

hi
i would recommend either amtico or karndean if these are out of your price range mabye try a wood effect sheet vinyl, it may not be the natural choice in a lounge but with a nice rug in the living room will look nice and is easy to clean with a dog. dont forget you will need the floor screeded before it is laid so take that in to the price consideration.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:33 pm