Black muck from bath hot water tap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bodgeit
Labourer
Labourer

Black muck from bath hot water tap

by bodgeit » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:50 am

We had a Baxi Combi boiler installed three years ago and 99% of piping replaced in the house. Small black bits of 'muck' have recently started flowing out of the bath hot water tap. When touched they resemble tar in terms of consistency and cannot be scrubbed off the bath surface using normal bath cleaner. I don't understand why the Bath hot water tap is the only tap in the house effected, especially because I know the piping from boiler to bath was all replaced at the time the boiler was installed. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

redman183
Labourer
Labourer

by redman183 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:27 pm

could be wrong bodgeit (i,m a spark)but a similar thing happened to me . it sounds as if the small rubber washer has disintegrated in the head of your tap. simply turn your water supply off at stop cock and unscrew head off the hot water tap. the offending washer costs coppers from plumbers merchants. best of luck mate !

bodgeit
Labourer
Labourer

by bodgeit » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:18 pm

thanks for the reply redman183, off upstairs now to investigate - will let you know if a quick trip to B&Q for a pack of washers results.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:45 pm