Blockage beyone anti vac trap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nettienoo
Labourer
Labourer

Blockage beyone anti vac trap

by nettienoo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Iv'e recently fitted a new shower an put in an anti vac trap and one way valve (as when emptying the bath, the water used to back flow into the shower tray then such the water out)! However, my shower drainage has now bloacked as water isn't draining away whilst having a (very short) shower!

My question is, can I rod as normal or is my corkscrew rod get likely to get stuck in one of the 2 traps??

MANY thanks

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:32 pm

You will have to try it, but it could get caught on either, or more importantly, it could damage the one way valve.

I gave up using one way valves because they don't work well with showers simply because the fall is insufficient to open it reliably. They gum up with hair easily, and can be a general nightmare.

One way of clearing a blockage is to use a wet and dry vacuum connected to the bath waste. Sucks all the junk out without separating the push fit connectors!

nettienoo
Labourer
Labourer

Rodding anti vac trap

by nettienoo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:24 pm

MANY thanks for your reply, may give it a go 'gently'!! I have a small flexi rod with a small corkscrew end (snake auger) - do you think this would be any better through the traps?

Cheers

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Rodding anti vac trap

by plumbbob » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:19 pm

nettienoo wrote:MANY thanks for your reply, may give it a go 'gently'!! I have a small flexi rod with a small corkscrew end (snake auger) - do you think this would be any better through the traps?

Cheers

I guess it's worth a go. I don't see as it could do any damage, getting snagged is a greater possibility. If you use the corkscrew then if it does get caught you could just "unscrew" it out.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:53 am