Blowing a fuse
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
xian
Labourer
Labourer

Blowing a fuse

Post by xian » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:49 pm

Hi All,

This is going to seem like a very odd request but I would like to blow a 13 amp fuse that is in an appliance and was wondering what the easiest (and safest) way to do this deliberately would be. It is a standard fuse that can be used in any 13amp appliance and I would like to blow it to show my daughter how fuses work.

Any ideas are gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi Xian, you could put say a 5A fuse in a kettle plug! the same thing will happen!
you wont see anything externally on fuse but carefully pulling end cap off fuse should show melted wire & fused silica-sand like glass inside,
regardsSPARX

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:27 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:25 pm