blown render
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dbdiy
Labourer
Labourer

blown render

by dbdiy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:13 pm

I had very patchy render on 3 exterior walls. A thickness of about 3mm had come away in small to medium patches all over but been painted over. I had the whole wall re-rendered but was never convinced it was done very well. It was done in very hot weather. I thought it was odd that the thickness of the new render was only about 2mm thick. After a few weeks I used stablising solution and then painted it.This showed up what a bad job it was. Then 2 weeks later it started blowing.

I got someone else to come out and repair the blown bits. He said he used weathershield filler. I let it dry and then repainted it. (didn't use stablishing stuff that time tho) but it has blown again. I've spent £500 and the wall looks as bad as it did before but I also now have open blown render.

Any advice about why it now blowing and what can I do. There is no pattern to the new blowing and the original patches. All I can say is that it is these repaired bits that keep blowing. I asked the guy who did it why it is happening but he doesn't know why.
Help!

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

free advice

by dcmoore » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:12 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:39 am