Board finish or multi?
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mark prior
Apprentice
Apprentice

Board finish or multi?

Post by mark prior » Fri May 13, 2011 8:45 am

I am skimming a small bedroom this weekend two walls need doing i sed this to a friend and thay have given me a two bags of plaster what was left over from the work thay had done last weekend. My question is this the plaster thay have given me is board finish i am not plaster boarding it it is going on to walls that have been plasterd at some piont in it's life would this be ok to use or would i still need to get multi-finish. P.S i am no professioal but i can do it.?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

board finish

Post by welsh brickie » Fri May 13, 2011 6:24 pm

yes its fine,but use a pva solution on the wall first.Multi finish gives you more time to work with though

mark prior
Apprentice
Apprentice

skimmimg ceilings

Post by mark prior » Sun May 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Thanxs for that welsh brickie. I have done my walls now the next thing is the ceiling as i have never skimmed a ceiling befor i am not sure if i am quick enough to do the ceiling in one go could i do it in two halfs? Also have you got some tips on skimmimg ceilings. And can i use multi-finish for that?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

ceiling

Post by welsh brickie » Sun May 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Yes use multi finish on it But pva it first,You can do the ceiling in two halfs get some milk/beer crates and planks it easier than going up and down a ladder

mark prior
Apprentice
Apprentice

skimming ceilings

Post by mark prior » Mon May 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanxs for that. Also if i do the ceilibg in two halfs do you think i will see the joins the in middel when it drys out?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:40 pm