Boiler and Back Burner???
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
neilshields
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler and Back Burner???

by neilshields » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:15 pm

Hi Guys,

Im looking for information to see if its possible to install a conventional boiler to use in conjunction with a current back burner fire. Basically I have concerns that the pump on the boiler will cause the flow on the back boiler to reverse or some such odd situation. Basically is it possible and am i justified to have these concerns.

Cheers

Neil

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:22 am

Not sure what you mean, back burner ? do you mean Back Boiler, where the boiler is in the chimney breaset behind the fire ?

'Basically I have concerns that the pump on the boiler will cause the flow on the back boiler to reverse or some such odd situation.' ??

Do you mean can you fit a new boiler, without removing the back boiler ?
Quite a few people do this as it doesn't upset the decoration in the living room and the gas fire can still be used.

You can leave the back boiler in, and still use the gas fire - but the back boiler will have to be disconnected. That will mean blanking off the pipes and removing the electrical supply. Then the back boiler will just be used as part of the flue for the gas fire.

If you wanted to then - the new boiler can then be connected to the existing Central Heating flow and return. After flushing thoroughly.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1