Boiler Certification???
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GSH
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler Certification???

Post by GSH » Sun May 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Hi,

I ordered a traditional type gas boiler before april 1st 2005, and had it fitted by a qualified and registered CORGI plumber in april 2005.
I never received any certificates from the plumber and have no building regulations completion form....and I now need these as im selling my house.

I have been told by another plumber that he can carry out a gas compliance check and this should be sufficient information for my solicitors.

Has any body been in a similar position and how can did you manage to sort things?

Any help would be appreciated

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun May 25, 2008 5:42 pm

There was a similar post a couple of months back, maybe they'll reply and let you know how they got on.

I'm sure the latest gas safety certificate is acceptable, I issued a Gas certficate after servicing an appliance last week - this is all she needed for the solicitor.

Htg

lisdar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lisdar » Mon May 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Gas safety certificate is not a completion certificate
should have a gas installion and building compliance which is issued by CORGI on behalf of the installer

Skids
Ganger
Ganger

Post by Skids » Mon May 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi GSH,

You will need to check with your, solicitor / HIPS assessor / estate agent, how ‘RETROSPECTIVE’ they are reading the changes to the law/regulations.

As the others have said, there is a difference between a ‘gas safety certificate’ a once a year safety check, and a ‘installation/completion certificate’ both require a CORGI number from a qualified and registered CORGI plumber.

Check your dates and the letter of the law. I think the ‘solicitor’ may be doing a ‘belt and braces’ cover, however that’s the way its going, so you may just have to get a CORGI installer in to check the whole gas system, then fork out for and recommendations he/she makes to get the ‘certificate’.

Best of luck

Skids

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Mon May 26, 2008 7:29 pm

"should have a gas installation and building compliance which is issued by CORGI on behalf of the installer"

We know they should have - but they haven't that's the whole point in their post. So a gas safety certificate may be acceptable, there going to be thousands of installations that do not have the correct certification - what are they goning to say ? you can't sell your house ?

GSH
Labourer
Labourer

Post by GSH » Thu May 29, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks for your Advice.

We have spoken to our solicitors and they have said this happens all the time. The most we (the home owner) can do is provide the Corgi Gas Compliance Certificate, but, if our buyer is not happy with this then we can take out indemnity insurance for about £30.00.

Thanks for your help, ill be back for some more hints & tips in the future (new house needs loads doing)

P.S.

Has any body had any dealings with Solar Combi Boilers? Are they any good?

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1