Boiler Fix or Replace or Insurance
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
supahoopsa
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler Fix or Replace or Insurance

by supahoopsa » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:31 pm

We have a 12 year old Potterton Suprima 30 Boile rin our 2 bed flat.

For last 6 months it has been turning itself off and has needed to be restarted every could of days.

I had local gas/plumber guy in and said this is very common with this type of boiler and a board needs replacing which will cost £300

I asked about a brand new boiler and he quoted £1800

A brand new boiler is a bit much for us right now so we we were going to just have the board replaced.

Is this a sensible idea or should we bite the bullet and go for a brand new boiler ? Alternatively we can get the board replaced and then take out boiler insurance to pay for any future issues ?

What are the chances of the boiler needing to be completely replaced and therefore not covered by the insurance ?

Thanks in advance

crashndie
Labourer
Labourer

by crashndie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:26 pm

hi mate 300 quid is a bit steep for a pcb an fit try : googling "akgas.co.uk/Potterton-PCB/POTTERTON-SUPRIMA-PCB-KIT-5111603.html"
buy the part your self and get a gas safe installer to fit it shouldn't take more that a hourly rate and there's no make up on the parts. with the age of the boiler i would personally start to save up to replace it in near future

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:44 pm