boiler for 17 radiator system.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
phil050604
Labourer
Labourer

boiler for 17 radiator system.

by phil050604 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:34 pm

I have had my boiler replaced but had no choice in the type. i had a worcester floor standing one but the replacement is a Baxi 30 h4. the house is not as warm with this new boiler and when i contacted Baxi they told me that it is because the boiler i have is designed for 10 - 11 radiators...I have 17...can you recomend a suitable boiler for a 17 radiator system ? Baxi tell me that this is the largest they have. thank you. BMW.

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

by DEEARR2 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Before you can size a boiler you will have to calculate the heating load it will be serving. If your radiators have been correctly sized to suit the areas they are heating ,then the total KW heat requirement can be taken from the total output of all the rads. Information regarding radiator outputs can be supplied by any heating supplier. Do not forget to add an allowance for the Domectic Hot Water if the system is conventional.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 pm

Why didn't you have a choice in boiler replacement ?

The installer should've done the calcs to ensure the boiler was suitable for the size and number of radiators it was supplying.

htg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1