boiler noise
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bateman
Apprentice
Apprentice

boiler noise

Post by bateman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:31 pm

can any one help(no answers from previous question) my boiler is ideal mexico it has just started making banging noise when it heats up, no noise from cold, when burner shuts off and pump still running no noise when burner comes in noise returns it seems to be coming from the back then travels up the pipes to the cylinder which is in the bedroom the system is fairly old but has had some new radiators and the boiler is only 3 yrs. old the noise has only just started.

cgadd
Labourer
Labourer

RE:Boiler

Post by cgadd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Do you have a microbore pipe system. (Tiny 6 or 8mm pipe) or the new standard of 22mm/15mm ??

From your discription I would suggest that you have a flow/blance issue with the system as a whole. Try to rebalance the system to see if you get an improvement.

If you have a microbore system the pipes/boiler may be blocked and require flushing and treating with chemicals.

needless to say there are numrous other more serious issues that could cause the noise so i would recommend you call out a boiler ngineer check it out.

Regards

Colin
Commissioning Engineer

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1