Boiler not Turning off Even Though Programmer is not Calling for Heat?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scump
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler not Turning off Even Though Programmer is not Calling for Heat?

by scump » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Most of the time my boiler is working perfectly fine. However, every so often it will not turn off even though the programmer is not calling for heat from either the hot water or the central heating. It results in the radiators coming on in the house and our baby's bedroom getting far too hot!

We have an S Plan system with an Ideal Logic Heat 15 boiler and 2 x Danfoss HPA2 2-port valves in the airing cupboard.

I feel sure that this must be some fault with one of the valves (the CH one?) getting stuck open and permanently sending a call to heat to the boiler. My question is whether it looks like I need to replace the whole valve or just the top bit? What could cause the valve to stick?

Like I said - it only happens maybe a couple of times a month and last night I "fixed" it by turning the boiler off overnight. When I switched it back on in the morning it behaved itself properly. Any advice would be most appreciated!

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Boiler not Turning off Even Though Programmer is not Calling for Heat?

by proptech » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi scump

From your description, it does sound like a valve fault. It's quite likely that the spindle in the body is stiff, therefore I would replace the complete valve.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1