Boiler not Turning off When Set Water Temperature is Reached
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

Rh24885
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler not Turning off When Set Water Temperature is Reached

by Rh24885 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:33 pm

We moved in to a property and found a leak on the boiler which turned out to be a manufacturers fault so they came out and basically rebuilt the boiler - fitted all new parts except the pressure release which he couldnt get to.
When we then signed up for insurance a seperate engineer came out and checked the boiler and found all was ok so i dont think anything can be wrong with the boiler but ive noticed now we're using the heating the boiler is firing up and quickly reaching the water temperature i set it to, but then it carries on heating the water past the temperature i set. It continues heating it until the thermostat switches the boiler off.Is this normal? Or should the boiler stop heating the water altogether when it reaches the temp ive set it too even though the house isnt yet up to the temperature on the thermostat?
The boiler is a gloworm flexicom 30cx combi boiler ive set the water temp to 62° and the thermostat is set to 18°