boiler overheating??
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lamonl
Labourer
Labourer

boiler overheating??

Post by lamonl » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:59 am

Hi I have and old ideal mexico bolier which i currently have on the highest setting 6. In the past couple of weeks the boiler which is in the kitchen in a cupboard seems to have overheated and causes the kitchen especially and the rest of the house to fill with condensation.. We have a massive stainless steel flue coming out of the side of the house so i am assuming it has enough ventalation??

Can anyone shed any light on this?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:03 pm

Turn off and do not use - you need a RGI - not a DIY site.

You haven't given anywhere near enough info, can you see steam or anything coming from the boiler ? or from pipework, tanks etc etc

It may be overheating, but could also be water vapour from the products of combustion which means fumes could be entering you living areas - not to be ignored.

Hopefully your next post will be to tell us what the RGI found, I don't think passing comments around on a DIY forum for the next few days is the best way forward.

How do I know if I am at risk from carbon monoxide?

Although carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas, signs that indicate incomplete combustion is occurring, resulting in the production of CO, include:

- Yellow or orange rather than blue flames (apart from fuel effect fires or flueless appliances which display this colour flame)

- Soot or yellow/brown staining around or on appliances

- Pilot lights that frequently blow out

- INCREASED CONDENSATION

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/co.htm

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1