Boiler pressure dropping

Postby mulhaird » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:49 am

I have a 2 year old Potterton Conbination boiler. Over the last couple of months I have noticed that the boiler pressure keeps dropping. On averafe it will drop 0.5 bar over a 24 hour period. I have had the floor boards up and checked the pipes and was ubable to find a leak. Any ideas on how I would proceed as I'm sure there is a leak somewhere?

Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:05 pm

have you checked the pressure relief discharge pipe, make sure there's no water in or on the ground under it, it may be that the pressure relef valve is passing. Sometimes requires cleaning or renewal.

The pressure relief valve should discharge outside via a 15mm copper pipe (sometimes the old tank overflow is used)
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!