boiler pressure
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
charlesmckenna
Labourer
Labourer

boiler pressure

by charlesmckenna » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:16 pm

I have problems with the pressure on my combi boiler. checked all the radiators up stairs and down stairs? have also checked as much piping below the floor boards as is possible. i have 6 radiators where the floor is either wooden or tiled so therefor i cannot get to them any tips on how to detect any leaks with ruining years of work and great expense. i have had the boiler checked and there are no leaks apparant. i fill the pressure up and about 12hrs. later it has dropped to about half the norm. ive had sleepless nites worring about this please please can you help?[/u][/quote]

wishiwascorgi
Tradesman
Tradesman

by wishiwascorgi » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:32 am

sounds like the blow off valve is passing. Go outside to where the back of the boiler is and see if there is a 15m copper pipe protruding from the wall. if you can see this is it wet? if so then my diagnosis is correct. If not you can buy some leak sealent and add it to your system and that will seal any leaks that it finds within reason. ie small holes not open ends

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1