Boiler problems
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jond
Apprentice
Apprentice

Boiler problems

by jond » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:22 pm

My boiler looses pressure after a long period of time say one and a half to two weeks it is a baxi platinium he28 still under warranty have looked for visable leaks cant find any it has lost pressure about six times now so if there was a leak in the radiator circuit i would have seen it by now and after everytime after refilling it to about one and a half to two bar the pressure does not drop straight away as if there would be a leak is it possible to have an internal leak in the boiler itself any surjestions many thanks

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:39 am

The amount of water needed to lose pressure and spread over so many weeks would probably leave very little visible evidence as most could simply evaporate.

Check the pressure relief pipe outside for drips. The heat exchanger could be at fault, but in a new boiler is highly unlikely.

Examine the pipework extremely closely for limescale marks or the slightest dampness, (particularly the tops of radiator valves). I almost guarantee it's there somewhere.

You could try a leak sealer which may stop minute weeps, but only use as a last resort.

glacerie
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Boiler problems

by glacerie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:14 pm

[quote="jond"]My boiler looses pressure after a long period of time say one and a half to two weeks it is a baxi platinium he28 still under warranty have looked for visable leaks cant find any it has lost pressure about six times now so if there was a leak in the radiator circuit i would have seen it by now and after everytime after refilling it to about one and a half to two bar the pressure does not drop straight away as if there would be a leak is it possible to have an internal leak in the boiler itself any surjestions many thanks[/quote

Hello Jond. Same problem with my HE28 Baxi.I am now filling daily.Will run all day but trip overnight. I put a jar with lid onto the pressure releif pipe and over the course of a day water was being dribled into the jar.HEATEAM replaced the Pressure Releif Valve.Problem the same next day.HEATEAM now intend to replace the Expansion Vessel, which he reckons is the cause, but also said he would replace the Heat Exchanger to be on the safe side so PLUMBBOB could be right.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:23 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:00 am