Boiler/Switch in airing cupboard

Postby bernie2008 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:23 am

The boiler in my kitchen which gives me hot water has been causing the electric supply to my flat to cut out. I have been told that I need to get the boiler replaced. In the meantime I have been told that if I switched on the water heater switch in the airing cupboard I should get hot water. I did this for about 3 hours last night but I am not getting any hot water. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong - if anything. The light turns red when I switch it on.
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:40 pm

What's making the electrics cut out ?
Is the boiler old ?

The immersion may not work, check - some have reset buttons on them if it hasn't been used for a while it may have locked out or may have been knocked.

Hope you get you new boiler installed soon. What make and model have you chose ? combi or system ?

htg engineer

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:08 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!