Boiler trouble....CHW fine, HW dodgy....

Postby bex1 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi,

I have a wonderful (!) Ideal Isar boiler - 1 year old. For some reason we dont get much hot water - eg. runs enough to fill the sink, but not bath and starts to run cold - it used to fill on demand, what can i do?

No error messages are coming up does anyone have any advice for me please??

Thanks in advance for any help you can give - it would be fab if i can get this sorted
bex1
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby humperdink » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:29 pm

it sounds like flow sensor may not be functioning correctly, on these boilers they are called thermistors and a bit fiddly to get to and if this is the case will required a heating engineer
other simple things to check are the system water pressure and that the water is not running through the taps too quickly for the boiler to heat. but that would probably be too good to be true.

ta
humperdink
Progress to next rank:
15.4%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!