boiling Water from Tank
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tigerwoods2
Labourer
Labourer

boiling Water from Tank

by tigerwoods2 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Have cylinder tank which will not lower temp. I am not using immersion heater, Should I try This. Have changed strap on cylinder stat and taken it down to lowest setting. Still very hot, kids cannot use hot tap due to the heat. Tank in loft still cold and no problem. Have had this problem for the two years we have been here. the children are of the age to wash hands but cannot due to heat. Am i missing something. Please help. many thanks john
could it be diverter valve and if so how will I know. has diverter valve got thermostat.john
Have swiched off supply to heating and water and moved both diverter valves over and both moved back to halfway.Also can the diverter valves be put to manual to sort out this temporarily
Last edited by tigerwoods2 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:19 pm

faulty or incorrectly wired cylinder thermostat.

As an interrim measure you could lower the boiler temperature to the detriment of the raidator temperatures.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:57 am

The cylinder stat should call for the actuator/motorised valve to closed when the HW temperature you have set the stat to is met.

If the actuator isn't turning or the valve isn't fully closing the HW will continue to heat.

Check 3 port valve and actuator (I would change both).

Can you adjust the radiator temperature ? are they also too hot ?

htg

tigerwoods2
Labourer
Labourer

by tigerwoods2 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:26 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]The cylinder stat should call for the actuator/motorised valve to closed when the HW temperature you have set the stat to is met.

If the actuator isn't turning or the valve isn't fully closing the HW will continue to heat.

Check 3 port valve and actuator (I would change both).

Can you adjust the radiator temperature ? are they also too hot ?

htg[/quote]

will have to get someone in to change port valves. what is the best way to check if motorised valve is inoperative, many thanks john.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:37 pm