Bolier continually switching off
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MD1977
Labourer
Labourer

Bolier continually switching off

Post by MD1977 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi, I'm new to this so please bare with me....

I cleaned out my central heating system for the winter using Fernox. I followed the instructions and everything seemed fine until the my central heating was being used more often due to the cold weather recently.

My hot water is OK - no probs there.....However my central heating bolier switches off but it doesn't seem to reach the required temperature. The rads are warm enough however when I check the thermostat in my hallway it is set at 22/23c, however it "clicks" at about 15c, leading me to believe the heating has switched off too early.....However when my bolier switches off, it comes back on again about 45secs later and stays on for a few minutes, then switches off again.....It is continually switching on/off however never seems to reach the temp set by my thermostat in the hallway.....

If anyone could shed any info on this, that would be great - if anyone knows what the prob is - can I fix myself ?

Thanks in advance for any info folks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:34 pm

The boiler will cycle on and off - if radiators are hot and the rooms are warm enough, stop watching the boiler - lol.

Check boiler stat, if the boiler stat is low then it'll never reach 23c in the hallway.

But the boiler will come on and off, until the temp is met.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am