Bonding Marble Travertine to Swimming Pool Lining?

Postby loruana » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi, can anyone pls suggest a suitable bonding agent to stick large marble travertine tiles (20mm thick) vertically to a pool wall lined with vinyl liner? The travertine will be supported from beneath by a concrete step taking much of the weight, so the glue / bonding agent will not need to support the (shear) weight of the marble...just needs to keep it attached to the wall. Pool is filled with chlorinated water and approx. 1/2 of the travertine will be below the water line. Grateful if anyone has any thoughts? I've added a photo showing the travertine patio and the vertical step with white & grey pool liner over which I want to stick the travertine. Thanks alot.
Attachments
IMG_20160314_121130.jpg
loruana
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby welsh brickie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:35 pm

I would paint flexacryl on the liner edge first, then when its set, use tile grout and bed the travertine down
welsh brickie

Postby loruana » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:55 pm

Ok thanks, what does the flexacryl do / what's it for?

The pool guys said I could try Ketamine with Isolastic or Kerabond but i've no experience of either solutions tbh.
loruana
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby welsh brickie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:01 pm

flexacryl is used for repairs to roofs and will bond to virtually anything, have not used the other products so cant comment on them
welsh brickie

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!