Bonding of gas meter
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dr martin
Labourer
Labourer

Bonding of gas meter

Post by dr martin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:52 pm

I have been told that all newly fitted gas meters need to be bonded so I asked the gas board to fit a new one (FOC) as apparently the meter operator is responsible. The nice man came to fit the meter and it transpired he couldn't do the job as he wasn't an electrician. On speaking to BGas they say they are not the meter operator but Swalec are. before go chasing Swalec to try to get them to do the work for me (FOC) how easy/how illegal is it to do it myself?

Also how dull is it that Bgas will fit a new meter but not leave it in a 'legal' condition?

Dr M

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:43 pm

As for as I am aware it is the homeowner/landlord responsibility. As it has to be on the outlet pipework of the meter within 600mm of the meter - that pipework is your responsibility.

''Also how dull is it that Bgas will fit a new meter but not leave it in a 'legal' condition?'

It's only classed as NCS, would you rather they said - ok can't leave it in a 'legal' condition, so we have to disconnect your gas supply until it's brought up to standard !!

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:18 pm