Booster pump operates intermittently
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Diggers
Labourer
Labourer

Booster pump operates intermittently

by Diggers » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:15 pm

I have a booster pump for the house hot water system. It has worked extremely well for the last 4 years supplying hot pressured water to the whole house. In the last few week the pump comes on every 5 mins for 5 secs when there is no water demand. I have looked for water leaks everywhere and everything is bone dry!
There is obviously a leak somewhere (unless pump is knackered after 4 years - it does get a lot of use), can anyone please tell me how I can possibly trace such a small flow of water, as it may well be hidden behind partitions walls etc.
Thanks

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Sounds like the flow switches need adjusting.

Cheers

Diggers
Labourer
Labourer

by Diggers » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:03 am

The pump is a salamander ESP 120. I cannot find how I would adjust any flow switch. However, having just looked at the installation and guidance it looks like it was set for negative head and not a positive. It is a positive head with the tank in loft well about water outlets. So I reconfigured it for positive flow. In the installation guide it does warn about hunting when used with a negative pressure head, but is cushioned by the pressure vessel.

Hopefully this will do the trick and thanks for responding so quickly. I can't find in any of their brochures where I might adjust a flow switch. If you have any further ideas or thoughts I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:05 pm

There should be something in the installation instructions. I don't have a copy and I can't immediately find them as a PDF on the web. Sorry.

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:31 pm