Bosch Logixx Frost Free Freezer Circulation Fan Very Noisy
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
nicciglen
Labourer
Labourer

Bosch Logixx Frost Free Freezer Circulation Fan Very Noisy

Post by nicciglen » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi all

I have a Bosch Logixx Frost Free upright freezer, inside which the circulation fan has become extremely noisy over the last 2 or so years. I've done a 24 hour defrost (removing several litres of water) and replaced the circulation fan which is creating the noise. Still the fan noise is louder than over. The new fan even came with some foam tape to reduce contact between the fan motor and the fan housing, but this doesn't seem to have helped reduce the noise much. The "vvrrrrr vvrrrrrrr vvrrrrrr" noise is so loud that I can hear it from other rooms in the house.

I'm even considering the extreme measure or buying some sound dampening material to fit inside at the back of the evaporation / cooling chamber where the noisy circulation fan is situated. Another thing I'm considering is cutting away a bit of the fan housing to slightly increase the small gap between the fan and the cooling coils. But this may be overkill if there is a simpler solution.

The freezer noise is driving me nuts. Unfortunately I don't have the money at the moment to splash out on a new / quieter freezer. I've already blown over £100 pounds getting the local appliance repair company around, who actually didn't do anything except leave it in a worse state by forgetting to reconnect the fan and cooling system wires - the repair chap sheepishly came back to reconnect them a day later!

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Glen

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:08 pm