bottom of shower box leaking - can i fix this
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tipsymcswagger
Labourer
Labourer

bottom of shower box leaking - can i fix this

Post by tipsymcswagger » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:06 pm

I recently put on a new shower head and being a girl decided to twist the head to see how powerful it got and the water actually stopped coming out - there was a pop and a small ballbarin came out of the bottom and now when i switch on the shower no water comes through the head it just pours out of a small tube at the bottom - can i fix this or has it had it?

cheers

cyclop.orangehome.co.uk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cyclop.orangehome.co.uk » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:55 pm

The same thing happened to me after I had installed a shower and I broke into a sweat thinking I had broken it.However,it turns out this is a safety device in case of excess pressure building up.In conclusion, therefore, insert the ball bearing back into the hole and,with a steady push using a suitable tool,the ball should pop back into the seat.Hope this is enough info.

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

Post by nitro23456 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:39 am

pressure relief valve.

If this is an electric shower take the shower head off but keep the hose attached to the shower. Flick the shower on to the cold power setting (not the hot settings) and twist the dial from 1 to 10 to 1 to 10 a few times.

You should hear it splirting a bit and then a normal flow. Now you can turn to hot setting 2.

Re afix the shower head and bobs your uncle.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:04 pm