Boundary wall
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Craig Lawrance
Labourer
Labourer

Boundary wall

Post by Craig Lawrance » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Please help. I plan to drop my garden by 1m to enable my back garden to become a paved area. The wall I plan to build will separate my garden from next door which at the moment is at the same height as mine. Will it need to be double skinned, or will a single skinned wall suffice. I have been advised by a builder that a single skin will do but back fill it with rubble or concrete.

This sounds like a good idea but I want to ensure that the wall will not move and the neighbours garden will not fall onto mine. The wall will be 6m long by 1.2 m high. Also I am bothered about water build upbehind the wall.

Thank you

Craig Lawrance

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

wall

Post by welsh brickie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:07 pm

if your wall is 1.2m high you will need it to be double skinned and install drainage pipes at the base,square downspout plastic is probably the best

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

Post by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Let DIY Doctor help you to find quotes from vetted and trusted tradesman local to your area. Visit our Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:08 pm