Brand New Strimmer unable to start pull start quite sticky
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
simon.fayers
Labourer
Labourer

Brand New Strimmer unable to start pull start quite sticky

Post by simon.fayers » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:14 am

Hello,

I recently bought a brand New strimmer. I tried to start it for the first time at the weekend but without success. The starter cord is very stiff and jerky to pull. It only comes out in 10cm sections at a time. I have no idea whether this is normal that it is stiff or whether i am missing something very simple or whether its knackered before i have even used it once.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

thedoctor

Re: Brand New Strimmer unable to start pull start quite sticky

Post by thedoctor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:53 am

Hi

That does sound a little odd - normally you would get at least 12 - 18 inches on the pull start. There is usually a little resistance on pulling but not to the point that you cannot actually produce a decent revolution to get it started. Probably worth taking back and exchanging.

Hope this helps!

terry38102
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Brand New Strimmer unable to start pull start quite sticky

Post by terry38102 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:30 pm

thats just the compression in the engine put in on the ground hold firmly and pull cord quickly and firmly. remember to put choke on first and when starting for first time pump the primer bulb about 6-10 times. remember to use the correct mix of 2 stroke oil in your machine usually 40.1 but check instructions

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:42 pm