Brass Floorboard fixings for a removeable board

Postby DIY Steve » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:26 pm

I'm sanding and varnishing my floorboards, however I'd still like occaisional access under a few boards, but preferably with attractive fixings.

I've seen some brass countersink screws which sink into a permanent brass housing, so they're unscrewable without splitting my ancient boards.

I guess they're like cup washers, but countersunk to match the screw and leave a flush finish.

Any ideas where I'd get these from?

Or any suggestions for an attractive but easily reusable fixing system?
DIY Steve
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:56 pm


Simply Build It

Postby simon bush » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 pm

what you are looking for are Inset Screw Cup 6ga
you can get them from screw fix just put a search in there website
simon bush
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:39 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics