Brick disease and rendering
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PatPat
Labourer
Labourer

Brick disease and rendering

Post by PatPat » Sat May 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Hello

We live in a terraced house which is built with standard red bricks. The bricks are slowly turning to dust and I need to know what I can do to resolve this. It appears to be only really happening on the front of our house which leads me to suspect that someone may have sandblasted them in the past and taken the "protective coating" off them.

My question is: should I have the front of the house rendered? If so I have heard of "permanent colour" renders in order to prevent repainting. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Thanks a lot

[/img]

robleach55
Labourer
Labourer

Post by robleach55 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:00 am

hi if your bricks are breaking up you have water getting to them best cure to render with concrete spr the walls first then render this will protect the bricks stopping any further damage

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

Post by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:31 pm

Let DIY Doctor help you to find quotes from vetted and trusted tradesman local to your area. Visit our Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:28 am